getting to know other cultures deeply, growing through connections with other people and making a real impact.
that humbleness, awareness and honesty about our priviledges and stereotypes deepens our travel experiences.
I commit to
opening your eyes and helping you travel more responsibly by sharing real life travel experiences.
to create a world where we mutually learn from each other, where many truths are possible and where real exchange helps everyone to become a better person.
What I do
- I learn, understand & share how cultural dynamics work.
- I prepare travelers & hosts by changing their perspectives.
- I share tips and directions & mediate.
Laura, a writer and freelancer with a background in Cultural, African and Journalism Studies. I came to Kenya as a volunteer, student, intern, visitor and part of a family. It took me long to understand certain circumstances – and I’m still learning. >>>Mind Set Travel is a wrap up of what I learned in all those years. Just less messy.
I know that
Every trip is a journey.
Every encounter is an exchange.
Every foreigner is a possible friend.
Read the full >>> MIND SET TRAVEL Manifesto and my personal story in the Resource Book.
- What travelling taught me about myself.
- Why my own video clips shamed me.
- What’s the philosophy of responsible travel and the point of this website?